Patek Philippe, also referred to as Patek Philippe SA, is a private luxury watch and clock-making and Distribution Company. Patek Philippe was established or founded in 1839 by Antoni Patek and Adrien Philippe, and their surnames turned out to be the company’s name. Later, in 1932 the ownership of the company changed to the family of Stern’s, but they continued with the company’s original name. In this article, the readers or viewers will learn about some of the famous Patek Philippe ladies watches collections.
Headquarters of Patek Philippe-
The headquarters of Patek Philippe has been relocated to Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva, Switzerland, since 1996.
The first watch launched by Patek Philippe-
The first watch they introduced or launched was in the Great Exhibition organized by England’s Queen Victoria in London residence Buckingham palace in 1851. The watches launched included the newly invented keyless winding and hand-setting embedded watches. For this newly launched clock system, one of the first owners of Patek and Philippe, Adrien Philippe, received the bronze medal at the Industrial Exposition held in Paris in 1844.
Ladies’ watches launched by Patek Philippe-
Patek Philippe has eight collections of wristwatches for ladies, and they are-
- Grand Complications- this series of luxurious wristwatches was launched in 2020. It is made with some nostalgia gathered from the year 1941. These watches are available in white gold, rose gold, yellow gold, and platinum colors. Available for both men and women.
- Complications- this series of luxurious mechanical wristwatches. The specialty of these watches includes leather wristbands, annual calendar, dual time zone, and world time display. Available for both men and women.
- Calatrava- the specialty of this collection is that all the wristwatches have round dials. This is the limited edition collection of wristwatches that needs to be pre-ordered, and the wristband can be customized.
- Gondola- the signature collection of mechanical wristwatches by Patek Philippe. They are so extraordinary and unique that some have taken their place in the Patek Philippe Museum.
- Golden Ellipse– this collection has only three signature watches launched in 1968. The specialty of these watches is that their dials are elliptical.
- Nautilus- a sports digital watch collection octagonal in shape, launched in 1976. Known for its elegant but sporty look. Available in rose gold, white gold, stainless steel, and bi-color of rose gold and stainless steel.
- Aquanaut- this sporty, elegant, and modern digital rounded-octagonal-shaped watch launched in 1997. This watch is resistant to wear and tear, salt water, and UV radiation
- Twenty-4- this is the only collection of watches manufactured only for ladies and launched for the first time in 1999 and again in 2018, with its modern and automatic model.
To conclude, the above collection is the best of their history in watchmaking.